The open ended, tell-us-what-you”re-thinking kind.
Much of the resources we create come from nonprofit professionals asking us for help. I love getting questions like what is the best project management software? Or I want to start a charity; how do I begin? Or e need someone to take a second look at our website/fundraising plan/communication piece. Could you do that?
If you can have one thing to make your job easier, either just for today or overall, what would it be? What do you need help with?Read More »Support for Nonprofits
This Thursday, February 25th is Digital Learning day. While the digital world has presented many new ways to facilitate learning, there are many aspects of the digital world that can inhibit learning. One aspect we frequently come up against is wading through endless streams of information that isnâ€™t quite what weâ€™re looking for.Read More »Curated Resources
We are launching our first ever book club.
Joining the book club is simple. Get started by sending us a message to let us know youâ€™re here, buy or borrow the books, and get reading. Since we are in different time zones and have complicated schedules, we are going to participate in a conversation throughout the month, rather than at the end, using a Facebook Group. We will all be able to post replies and comments as we work through the books together.
The books will be:
- February: Audacious Endeavors by Somya Munjal
- March: The Book of Gutsy Women by Hillary Rodham Clinton and Chelsea Clinton
- April: Eloquent Rage by Brittney Cooper
- May: Be More Pirate by Sam Conniff
Last weekâ€™s blog outlined six steps to organizing a desktop. The steps begin by identifying the different themes of your work. Each theme is a category. When each category has been identified, two things must be true.
- Each category must be mutually exclusive. That means it only contains the information about one subject. It must be exclusive from the themes of other folders.
- Each category must be collectively exhausted. That means that every file belongs somewhere. If there is a file that doesnâ€™t seem to belong anywhere, then there are not enough categories.
A great way to get the training you need, as you complete work projects. Â There are so many resources to help nonprofit professionals learn… Read More »Back to School for Nonprofit Professionals
Is SEO just information management? Well, maybe not quite, but it sure helps! For the past few months I have been working on… Read More »Optimizing Search Engines with Information Management Principles